Monday, April 21, 2008

OGTT experience

The experience was not traumatic. It was actually better than I expected. I thought I was going to stay there for 4 hours and there will be 4 blood extraction and that i have to drink the juice each time. We were at Makati Med 6:45am and my first blood sample was taken at 7am. After the first blood sample, I was asked to drink the juice (tasted like royal) and was told to come back at 8am for the second blood extraction. To kill the time, me and hubby went to the third floor where they have a soft couch, instead of those hard wood seats. We were prepared to wait for a long time, so we brought the laptop with WeRoam to pass the time. I was not able to sleep the night before so I was really sleepy. While hubby did his surfing, I doze off...then it's time to go to the lab again. I went straight to the lab and had the second blood sample, third sample will be taken at 9am. Again, we went to the third floor and hubby surfed and I doze off to sleepkingdom. At 9am, had the last blood sample and was done. We hurriedly went home cause I was really hungry and thirsty already (had 10 hours fasting, no food, even water di pede). After eating and few minutes of rest, I finally was able to sleep well. Don't want to think of the result yet.
Side kwento:
Sa lab area ng MMC madaming lamok, even sa waiting area nila sa labas. Medyo nakakatakot kasi di ba pano kung yung nagpapa test ng blood e may malalang sakit na trasmittable tapos kinagat yun din kinagat ka. Yun lang, na notice ko lang. Although they are improving their facilities naman...sana maayos na lahat soon. I also noticed na medyo friendlier na ang mga employees or baka experience ko lang.

No comments: