Monday, May 26, 2008

Hepa A vaccine and Allergy

Went to BAsty's pedia last Saturday for his Hepa A vaccine. He did not gain weight :( But according to the pedia, it's common daw na hindi na ganun ang weight gain at his age. Before kasi parang halos every visit may weight gain sya. All in all ok naman sya except for the bungang araw which according to the pedia, we can apply Curash powder. Unfortunately, after going to 2 branches of Mercury drugs e wala akong nabili.
Saturday night, nung binibihisan na namin sya ng pangtulog, we noticed na may rashes sya sa body. We thought na baka may kumagat lang sa kanya or something. He was complaining na itchy daw and super kamot sya and irritated na ayaw nyang ipalagay ang diaper nya.
Sunday afternoon meron na ring rashed sa face nya, so we decided to have him checked sa makati med ER. Actually, I texted his pedia and asked if possible ba na effect nung vaccine, but according to her, not likely daw and if we're worried, better bring Basty to ER of makati med na, that's what we did. Sabi dun, allergy daw so ininject sya ng Benadryl. Nakatulog lang sya siguro ng mga 1 hour then nagising na. Yung rashed naman parang medyo nawala pero not totally. Nung gabi na, he's complaining again na itchy daw so I called the ER if I can give him the meds na, kasi before we left ER, I asked if bibigyan ko ng gamot ng gabi, pero I was told to give him na lang the meds next day na. When I talked to the attending pedia, he told me na it's ok daw to give the meds na. After few minutes of giving the meds, nakatulog naman na sya. This morning when I checked, parang nawala na yung rashed sa body, pero meron pa yung sa face. I just hope na mawala na soon. He's supposed to take the meds for 5 days.

No comments: