Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Stressful weekend

We had our department's strategic planning in Batangas last July15-16. It was really tiring, specially the travel home which took 4 hours because of SLEX traffic. I took a ride with my officemate and he dropped me off at SM since I'm meeting Eric there. Unfortunately, na flat tire si Eric so he had to change tire bago nya ako masundo which took more or less 1 hour bago nya ako nasundo. We had to go to the office since we need to get the items na kailangan naming ipadala sa friend namin who's going to Aus. It was really tiring.

The next day, while I was taking a nap, nakarinig ako ng malakas na tunog and biglang iyak si Alec. Kahit kakagising ko lang ang bilis kong nakalabas ng room. Nahulog daw si Alec from the sofa (actually sa sandalan ng sofa so mas mataas) and una ang ulo nya. I was not on panic mode until nagsuka sya. The moment na nagsuka sya I told Eric that we must go na sa hospital ( I heard terrible stories about kids throwing up after a head bump and it was really bad). So even without lunch, we went straight to Makati Med. They performed head x-ray. We had to wait for our turn (ang haba ng pila) and wait for another few minutes for the result. Fortunately, ok naman, no fracture daw. Pero while waiting for the result, nag throw up ulit si Alec, so the doctor recommended to admit Alec for observation (they can't see kasi sa x-ray if may blood clot and they don't reco to have the CT-scan agad kasi that's un necessary radiation daw if di naman talaga kailangan). I had to go to the admission office to get a room. Buti nalang may available na semi-private room, but it took a while bago kami pinapunta sa room dahil ni-re-ready pa daw nila.

We stayed overnight, the whole time naman super active si Alec and di na nag throw up (thank God). Bad trip lang kasi mga hapon naman bigla syang nag fever. So syempre di ko alam if the fever is related to the fall or ibang case na. We asked the nurse station to page the pedia and the pedia reco that we bring Alec to the off we go again to the ER of Makati Med. Sabi naman ng doctor, it's not related to the fall and it must be viral. Baka daw nahawa lang sya while she was confined in the hospital...hayz! I'm glad na rin to know that, kasi I was still nervous about the fall at that point dahil di pa nag 48 hours which is crucial daw.

I believe na viral nga yung fever ni Alec kasi ako may sore throat na rin and feeling lalagnatin. I guess dahil nga sa pag stay namin sa hospital and ang daming may sakit na bata (mostly fever).

I was on leave Monday to Tuesday cause I had to make sure that Alec is really okay na and I wasn't feeling good myself. I hope the rest of the week will be fine na.

No comments: